Friday, May 6, 2011

So Many Shoes

Today's thing is this lot of shoes.  I know it is not 1 thing.  There are no rules and I am making this up as I go.  Now onto the condemned items.  I will start with the Merrells.  I loved these shoes, wore them out, replaced them, and then kept them.  Why?  I have no idea.  The Asics.  I am a big guy and go thru the running shoes.  This pair has been retired for a long time.  I thought I would use them for dirty jobs.  Never did.  The Nikes.  I have many foot problems, it is my thing.  I have only worn these a few times in the many years I have had these and don't think my NBA career is happening anytime soon.  So Long.  The stupid Dexters.  They remind me of a very bad time in my life.  I am glad to see them go.  So long 4 pairs of shoes.



Now I never said I was good at reducing my life clutter.  Here is the list of what I am keeping for now.

Specialized carbon road bike shoes
Sidi mountain bike shoes
Caddis fly fishing wading boots
Old set of firefighting boots
Old Vasque hiking boots
Old Nike Flight shoes
Asics running shoes
Dr. Martens boots
Nike soccer cleats
Clarks black dress shoes
Born brown casual shoes
Keen everyday shoes
Danner Rainforest workboots
Nordstrom slippers
Crocs

15 sets.  Seems silly to me but I am finding it hard to get rid of any of these.  I plan to revisit the shoe thing at a later date.

I thought it would be neat to count every pair of shoes in our house...since I clearly have the fewest.  2 young children and a wife.  I gave up quickly as it was too daunting of a chore.

We have shoes everywhere.  I now have mine in 1 storage bin and a few in my cubby by the door.

Day 2, Item 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment